12 July – 17 July 2020, Rijeka, Croatia
Satellite event of the 8th European Congress of Mathematics
The goal of the conference is to bring together researchers interested in combinatorial designs, algebraic combinatorics, finite geometry, graphs, and their applications to communication and cryptography, especially to codes (error-correcting codes, quantum codes, network codes, etc.).
The main topics of the conference are:
- construction of combinatorial designs and strongly regular graphs, including constructions from finite groups and codes;
- construction of linear codes from graphs and combinatorial designs;
- network codes related to combinatorial structures;
- Hadamard matrices;
- association schemes;
- codes, designs, and graphs related to finite geometries;
- q-analogues of designs and other combinatorial structures.
The talks presented at the conference will also cover other related topics suggested by the participants. The conference will give the opportunity to research faculty and young researchers in discrete mathematics to learn about the latest developments and explore different visions for their future work. The talks will cover both the theoretical and applied aspects of discrete mathematics, and the latter will be particularly beneficial for faculty and young researchers, by giving them the opportunity to learn more about contemporary applications of combinatorics to communications and information security.